February 7, 2023 at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
|HDS, OCDS Member||$49.00|
|ADA, CDA, HDS Active Member||$49.00|
|Non-ADA Member Dentist||$79.00|
Feb 7th 'live' CE Webinar (via Zoom) - Responsibilities and Requirements for Prescribing Controlled Substances (Schedule II Opioid Drugs)
- Explore pain management drug options for acute pain control
- List how to register for, and utilize, CURES (Controlled Substance Utilization and Review and Evaluation System)
- Discuss red flag indicators of prescriptions issued for reasons other than a legitimate medical purpose
- How to manage acute and chronic pain in the dental setting.
- The risks and identification of opioid use disorder.
- The practices and legal requirements for opioid prescribing and dispensing.
Registration and C.E. Details
- The registration deadline is February 3.
- Cancellations of registration must be made by February 2 to receive a refund. Cancellations will incur a $10 process and handling fee.
- Cancellations after February 2 or no shows will not receive a refund.
- Participants must watch the entire course in order to receive CE units. Participants' log in and log out times will be recorded as proof of participation in the event of a Dental Board audit. Those logging in more than 15 minutes after the start time will not receive their CE units and will need to register for a future course.
About CE Speakers:
Casey Grover, MD, and Reb Close, MD
Dr. Grover is Chair of the Division of Emergency Medicine at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. Dr. Grover was born at Community Hospital and is a life-long resident of Monterey County. He graduated from medical school at University of California, Los Angeles as one of the top three students in his class. Dr. Grover completed his residency at Stanford in Emergency Medicine and was chief resident. In addition to his current role as Division Chair, he is an attending physician in the Emergency Department, Vice Chief of Staff for the hospital, and serves as Physician Champion for the Monterey County Prescribe Safe Initiative.
Dr. Close is an Attending Emergency Physician at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, and the lead clinical physician for the Monterey County Prescribe Safe Initiative. She has been practicing emergency medicine at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula since 2003.