June 8, 2019 at 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
|ADA Student Dentist||$15.00|
|ADA, CDA, HDS Active Member||$15.00|
|New HDS Member||$15.00|
|Non-ADA Member Dentist||$15.00|
|HDS Life/HDS Retired Member Only||$15.00|
|Provider||Harbor Dental Society|
Old Ranch Country Club
3901 Lampson Ave.
Seal Beach, CA 90740
|Speaker||Bob Affleck, Gary Takacs, Ben Tuinei, Pam Chamberlain, Sean Sullivan|
|Type/Category||non core 20%|
This team of experts is here to help you build upon your education and practice with a discussion around the most relevant real-world business applications that YOU need to learn to be successful with an optimal life-work balance. GET READY FOR AN INTERACTIVE LEARNING EXPERIENCE with Resources, Giveaways and Prizes, while having FUN!
8:00am to 2:30pm Old Ranch Country Club, 3901 Lampson Ave., Seal Beach
- -Is purchasing an existing practice a good idea and if so, why?
- -Would you be better suited for a partnership or group practice?
- -Or, is starting a practice from scratch the way to go?
- -The right steps when buying a practice
- -What is the value of a practice?
- -Access to a step by step guide of starting up your practice from scratch!
Bob Affleck, Practice Finance Specialist, Citi and Sean Sullivan, Partner, DDS Match, S. Cal Learn from some of the top respected practice advisors in the industry to discover the right steps when buying a practice and connecting buyers and sellers by integrating tremendous relationship capabilities to help with Practice sales, Practice mergers, Dental partnership agreements, Associate placements, Dental office appraisals, and Dental Real Estate sales
- -Learn the 7 point plan to successfully go out of network with PPO Plans
- -How to reduce your insurance dependency yet remain patient friendly in the process
- -Mastering payment options to offer affordable, quality care
- -The 6 key goals of a Thriving Practice in 2019 and beyond
- -How to successfully answer the question from a potential new patient; "Do you take my dental insurance?"
- -A plan to get your entire Team onboard!
- -How to develop a cogent marketing plan to attract quality new patients.
- -Tips to grow the whitening component of your practice
- -The 6 Specific Criteria that define a successful practice and how to achieve each one
- -Everything you need to know today about digital marketing; website, mobile, SEO, social media and online reviews.
- -How to reduce insurance dependency and help patients accept treatment regardless of insurance coverage
Gary Takacs, Practice Coach and Dental Marketing Guru Learn real world solutions designed to be very practical, teaching you the essential concepts that can be put into action and immediately applied to your practice. Discover the benefits of regaining control of your fee schedule.......So YOU can determine a fair fee for your services.
- -The power of pre-authorizations
- -California law indicates insurance carriers cannot deny pre-authorized treatment
- -How to effectively appeal denied claims and engage the Insurance Commissioner in free legal advocacy against illegal insurance activity
- -Review PPO contracts and negotiate fees
- -How each of the above activities contributes towards keeping insurance on their toes - abusing you less
Ben Tuinei, President, Veritas Dental Resources Ben has worked with over 6,000 dentists across the country to negotiate fair and reasonable reimbursements from insurance carriers. Using his 7 Steps of Negotiation, gain leverage over providers to get the highest fee schedules available. Learn what it means to build an insurance profile, how to overcome payment objections, find out what procedures are most commonly downgraded by insurance providers, and how to avoid the biggest mistakes dentists make during negotiations.
- -What type of practice you looking for that fits your goals
- -What is going on in the practice from a buyer’s point of view
- -Financial items necessary to review and questions to ask
- -How to find the true net income of the practice
- -How to determine the best practice model structure and to implement a system for success
Pam Chamberlain, CPA for Dentists, Partner, Wiederman & Chamberlain Pam has over 30 years experience specializing in accounting, tax compliance and planning for dental practices and recommends following a due diligence process when working with brokers, lenders, and attorneys to buy or start up a successful practice.