March 23, 2023 at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
|ADA, CDA, HDS Active Member||$49.00|
|Non-ADA Member Dentist||$79.00|
|Individual CE Vendor||$275.00|
|Provider||Harbor Dental Society|
|Speaker||Barett Andreasen, DDS|
Live CE Webinar: CBCT Common Findings - Dentoalveolar
Speaker: Barett Anderasen, DDS
CEU: 2 core
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2023 Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm PST
Incidental findings are present in up to 93% of CBCT scans within the dental setting. When unrecognized or undiagnosed, these findings can cause delays in treatment, prompt unnecessary procedures, increase cost for both the patient and the clinician, and may have a significant impact on patient health and treatment outcomes. Clinicians need to be aware of what can appear on their CBCT scans and how to handle it accordingly.
This course consists of a pictorial review of common findings within the dentoalveolar region and will examine which findings are relevant to your patients, what they mean to you, and when you should refer to a specialist or physician for further treatment and evaluation.
- Recognize common findings in the mandible, maxilla, sinuses, and soft tissues
- Appreciate the clinical relevance of radiographic findings on CBCT images
- Learn to identify changes that suggest pathological processes
- Understand when it is necessary to refer patients for further treatment and radiographic evaluation
Dr. Barett Andreasen is an accomplished Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist, lecturer, and founder of the oral radiology practice, Radiodontics.
He completed his oral radiology residency at the UCLA School of Dentistry, where he received advanced education and training in the interpretation and evaluation of CBCT imaging, panoramic radiographs, and other imaging modalities. Since then, he has worked with dentists and specialists across the nation to provide his expertise on CBCT imaging at both national and local levels. His experiences have allowed him the opportunity to work closely with world-renowned specialists in Oral and Craniofacial Surgery, Orofacial Pain, Oral Pathology, Orthodontics, and other specialties.
In between cases and lectures, Dr. Andreasen enjoys sharing radiology tips and interesting cases on social media and has published several diagnostic aids which are in use in dental school programs throughout the country. Dr. Andreasen is also a strong advocate for patient's safety, health, and welfare regarding the use of radiation in dentistry. He believes that more effective treatment, diagnosis, and communication can be achieved through proper education of both the public and the clinician.
Prior to his involvement in oral radiology, Dr. Andreasen obtained his DDS at Texas A&M College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas and graduated with a BS in Biophysics from Brigham Young University. He currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with his wife, three children and dog.
- IMPORTANT: Please do not share your GoToWebinar Join Link to this webinar with anyone. Each Join Link is unique to the registered attendee's email and is required for attendance tracking. You must view the webinar on separate computers, do not share links or computers. Otherwise, your attendance will not be recorded and a CE certificate cannot be given.
- Refund Policy: No refunds for no shows. Written cancellation must be received 2 days prior to the webinar date for a refund.