CE Topic: 'Dentistry for the Ages and the AGED'
Date: Thurs, Feb 11, 2021
CE Speaker: Arthur Tomaro, DDS
2 CEU core
Geriatric Dentistry is a reality. Baby Boomers are Senior Citizens. Recent polls show the largest category to visit the dental office on a regular basis are Baby Boomers. Life longevity has increased. Treatment planning and treatment can be challenging for 70, 80, and 90 years of age for health care providers. How do you handle these commonly asked questions -“How much longer am I going to live? Can you just repair what I have?” Are you prepared for these patients? The mouth is the gateway to systemic health. Dr. Tomaro will share different scenarios from prevention to customize treatment for these patients. Become their hero, make a difference!
• Develop listening skills to identify the patients wants. Patients make the decision as to the quality of life that they want to live. Not Clinicians.
• Understand the relationship of dental health to systemic health
• Emphasize prevention as the best policy. What are some preventable measures we can incorporate for these patients
• Learn how to handle different diagnosis, such as: Rampant decay, Dry Mouth, Periodontal Disease, Chemo-Therapy, and other systemic diseases.
• Identify the best restorative procedures for this generation