|HDS Mentee Application||View/Download|
|HDS Mentor Application||View/Download|
|HARBOR DENTAL SOCIETY MENTOR PROGRAM BENEFITS & TIPS||View/Download|
|Volunteer Leadership Form||View/Download|
Now is the time to VOLUNTEER!
Gain new friendships with colleagues and see how your achievements can make a positive impact.
It’s Easy, Fun and REWARDING!
Important notice about CDA Cares Long Beach
To protect the health of volunteers and patients, CDA Cares Long Beach, which was scheduled for July 17-18, 2020, has been indefinitely postponed until public health officials deem it is safe to reschedule. The CDA Foundation’s dentist-led board is pursuing new ways to support the oral health of all Californians during this time. Stay connected to our CDA Cares Facebook group and watch for email updates. Learn about other ways CDA is helping the profession respond during the COVID-19 pandemic at cda.org/covid19.
Mentor and Mentee Opportunity
Important Elements of a Successful Mentor-Mentee Relationship
1. Establish an open communication system with reciprocal feedback
2. Set standards, goals, and expectations
3. Establish trust
4. Care for and enjoy each other
5. Allow mistakes
6. Participate willingly
7. Demonstrate flexibility
8. Consider constraints to mentoring
9. Learn from others
10. Work on common tasks
11. Be open and comfortable
(Allen & Poteet, 1999)
Three “vital signs” of successful mentoring relationships: respect, responsiveness, and accountability.
- Respect: Mutual respect. Professional and personal appreciation of one another enhances learning.
- Responsiveness: Willingness to learn from your mentor and your mentor’s willingness to respond.
- Accountability: After mutually held goals and expectations are established, keep your agreements. Mentees who know and communicate their own goals and expectations can reap many benefits.
(Triple Creek Associates)