November 9, 2023 at 4:30 PM to 9:30 PM
|Individual CE Vendor||$275.00|
|ADA, CDA, HDS Active Member||$99.00|
|Non-ADA Member Dentist||$125.00|
|Provider||Harbor Dental Society|
|Speaker||Nancy Dewhirst, RDH, BS|
LIVE CE Webinar: Annual OSHA, Infection Control and California Dental Practice Act and Ethics
Date: Thursday, November 9, 2023 Time: 4:30pm-9:30pm PST
CE Speaker: Nancy Dewhirst, RDH, BS
CEU: 5 Core
Program description: This course makes sense of the many safety recommendations for dentistry considering the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Standard Precautions and Transmission-based Precautions will be explained in the context of CDC & ADA Guidelines and OSHA & Dental Board regulations. Options and strategies are presented with extensive question & answer time to address your concerns.
Outcomes: Upon completion, the participant shall be able to: - Recognize and manage bloodborne, contact, droplet, and airborne diseases - Identify best practices for providing dental care while considering COVID-19 - Make sense of evolving recommendations as applied to changing infection risk
Program contents: Science of SARS-CoV-2: risks, symptoms, pathogenesis, transmission Safety strategies -Standard vs. Transmission-based precautions Hierarchy of safety efforts: most to least effective practices Quarantine, isolation, separation Screening patients Building & clinic aerosol control -Hand hygiene -Environmental asepsis -Respiratory hygiene & cough etiquette -PPE criteria, use, and limitations -Reflection on improving dental safety preparedness - Resources: CDC, WHO, CDA, ADA, OSAP, AGD, FDA, OSHA
California Dental Practice Act (DPA) and Ethics: - Where's the Line, and Why? (2 hours)
This 'live' CE Webinar reviews and updates the required DPA topics, regulations, and ethics, including scope of practice, drug prescribing, licensure and qualifications, supervision of auxiliaries, professional conduct, mandated reporting, and consent. Codes and Principles of Ethics are reviewed. Examples of law violations, unprofessional conduct, and difficult legal challenges will be discussed.
After attending the course, attendees will be familiar with:
Learning Outcomes - Upon completion, the participant shall be able to:
- Be familiar with the scope of regulations addressed in the DPA
- Relate Dental Codes of Ethics to professional standards and rules.
- Discuss how those regulations define dental practice limits
- Understand how the California Dental Board enforces the DPA
- Learn how to locate information and resources related to the DPA
- IMPORTANT: Please do not share your GoToWebinar Join Link to this webinar with anyone. Each Join Link is unique to the registered attendee's email and is required for attendance tracking. You must view the webinar on separate computers, do not share links or computers. Otherwise, your attendance will not be recorded and a CE certificate cannot be given.
- Refund Policy: No refunds for no shows. Written cancellation must be received 2 days prior to the webinar date for a refund.