September 6, 2023 at 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
|HDS, OCDS Member||$49.00|
|Other Component Member||$49.00|
|ADA, CDA, HDS Active Member||$49.00|
|Non-ADA Member Dentist||$79.00|
|Provider||South Alameda County Dental Society|
|Speaker||Dr. Reb Close and Dr. Casey Grovey|
Responsibilities and Requirements for Prescribing Controlled Substances (Schedule II Opioid Drugs)
This course satisfies the 2 CE unit requirement made effective by the Dental Board of California for license renewal effective January 1, 2023.
Date: September 6, 2023 Time: 6pm-8pm 2 CEU core
- Explore pain management drug options for acute pain control.
- List how to register for, and utilize, CURES (Controlled Substance Utilization and Review and Evaluation System)
- Discuss red flag indicators of prescriptions issued for reasons other than a legitimate medical purpose.
- How to manage acute and chronic pain in the dental setting.
- The risks and identification of opioid use disorder.
- The practices and legal requirements for opioid prescribing and dispensing.