COVID-19 Vaccine Updates
This page will be updated regularly as Harbor Dental Society continues to receive more
information from the county health agencies.
Please be sure to check back for updates in your area.
Thank you for being a loyal Harbor member. We are here for you.
American Dental Association COVID-19 updates
California Dental Association COVID-19 updates
Update: COVID-19 Vaccine POD Volunteering
Points of Dispensing (POD) is a site that is used temporarily during public health emergencies to mass dispense preventive medication. These sites may be operated using a combination of volunteers, county staff, and partner staff.
Public Health needs your help staffing POD sites in five locations starting January 19, 2021. Public Volunteers, DPH Staff, and County DSWs with and without clinical licenses are needed to support this effort! Future dates will be added every week. Please check back regularly.
OCHCA Volunteer Opportunity with One OC: Pre-Register Today
If you are interested in becoming a vaccinator, please click here to learn more about the CDC Vaccine Training.
Long Beach COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Resources
- Vaccine Information
- Get Notified for Vaccine Appointments VAXLB or check for possible available appointments here.
- If appointments are not available please sign up for the email updates at VAXLB
The COVID-19 vaccine is one of the most important tools we have available to end the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of Long Beach began receiving COVID-19 vaccines in late December 2020 and has started distributing and dispensing the vaccine based on priority.
It is important to continue to take steps to reduce your risk of getting COVID-19 or giving it to others while we wait for a vaccine, and even after a vaccine is available. LBHHS will continue to receive vaccines until everyone in Long Beach who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated.
VIEW UPDATES ON THE CITY'S VACCINE STRATEGY
AND LEARN WHEN IT'S YOUR TURN AT VAXLB
Vaccine Appointment Information for Long Beach Dental Practices:
Mandatory Proof of Employment: For Long Beach Dentists and Long Beach Dental Staff ONLY.
Please bring a current pay stub and dental license with you to the appointment. All non-healthcare workers will not be admitted for vaccination.
These vaccination dates are open to the entire dental staff team, (dentists, front office, office managers, RDH, RDA, DA). Please forward this information to your Long Beach employees, they will need to register individually to receive the vaccine.
** Please note Harbor Dental Society does not manage the sign-up process. It is managed by Long Beach Health Department. We will continue to share information as it becomes available. **
Los Angeles County COVID-19 Vaccination
Harbor Dental Society has just confirmed that the LA County Vaccine Allocation Phase 1A, Tier 3 has rolled out for Monday, January 11, 2021.
As of Monday, January 11, All Dental Healthcare Workers in LA County can make an appointment to be vaccinated at: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/vaccine/HCWSignup/
New appointments will be added as they become available. Harbor Dental Society will continue to send you updates as they become available. Thank you for your patience during this fluid and challenging situation as we move upward and onward together.
** Please note Harbor Dental Society does not manage the sign-up process. It is managed by the LACDPH. We will continue to share information as it becomes available. **
Orange County COVID-19 Vaccination
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS AT DISNEYLAND RESORT SUPER POD SITE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
All residents are encouraged to register to be notified when the County of Orange’s vaccine and testing management app, Othena, has appointments available and is ready for their use by visiting https://othena.com/individuals.php and filling out the online form.
Below is the information regarding the Orange County link to register for the vaccination via CuraPatient. A few things to remember:
- If the site is closed, that means there are no appointments available. You will need to keep trying as OCHCA opens up appointments.
- You do NOT NEED an invitation code. You just need to make sure you fill out the form correctly (it will highlight in red if you do not fill it out correctly). For the address, pick the address that it populates to. When the submit is highlighted blue, you may click on it and proceed.
- You will not receive an email confirmation. The confirmation will be in the Othena app, which you will need to download. It is available for iPhones and should be available for Android this week. You will log in using the email and password you created during registration.
- Your second shot will be created through the Othena app. It will notify you when your appointment should be scheduled.
- Othena should be available for Android this week.
- For the Irvine location, we hear that is is easier to take an Uber or be dropped off.
** Please note Harbor Dental Society does not manage the sign-up process or the vaccination distribution. It is managed by the OCHCA. We will continue to share information as it becomes available. **
When you go to your appointment please bring your photo ID and one of the following:
- Professional License
- Payroll stub or payroll report
- Letter from employer on letterhead that states you work for that employer
- Business card or some other proof that you are employed at the dental office
Learn about Othena
Watch Othena in action
- Consider work shifts when scheduling to get vaccinated
- Plan for unscheduled time off — specifically for staff with specialized skillsets — if individuals experience COVID-19 vaccine-related side effects
- It is recommended that people who had and recovered from COVID-19 still get the vaccine because there is no reliable data on getting reinfected. If you've had COVID-19 in the past 90 days, you can postpone getting your vaccine until that 90-day window has elapsed.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources can be found here
- Distribution Plans
- Vaccine Resources
Business Relief, Funding, Loans
- SBA and Treasury Announce PPP Re-Opening; Issue New Guidance - To promote access to capital, initially only community financial institutions will be able to make First Draw PPP Loans on Monday, January 11 and Second Draw PPP Loans on Wednesday, January 13. The PPP will open to all participating lenders shortly thereafter. Updated PPP guidance outlining Program changes to enhance its effectiveness and accessibility was released on January 6 in accordance with the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Non-Profits, and Venues Act.
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
- SBA Coronavirus Relief Options including PPP, EIDL, SBA Express Bridge Loans, SBA Debt Relief
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Guide to Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Loans
Covid-19 Resources - Local, State, National
- California Disaster Healthcare Volunteers: If you're a healthcare provider with an active license, a public health professional, or a member of a medical disaster response team in California who would like to volunteer for disaster service, click here.
- CDA COVID-19 Vaccine Administration FAQs
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dose Orders Received by Los Angeles County
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Healthcare Provider Information Hub
- From LA County: We encourage you to check for updates and answers to common questions about any authorized COVID-19 vaccines on our online Provider COVID-19 Vaccine Information Hub webpage.
- From ADA: COVID-19 Vaccine Regulations for Dentists Map
- ADA COVID-19 Center for Dentists
- The PPE Unite™ program distributes valuable face masks, hand sanitizer, and face shields to eligible small businesses in the County of Los Angeles. Sign up here.
- ADA PPE Delivery Registration
ADA Free Webinar: Vaccinations by Dentists: A New Role in Primary Care on Wednesday, January 27 at Noon CT. Register here. Presented by the ADA Council on Advocacy for Access & Prevention.
NEW! ADA Vaccination Information Resources:
NEW COVID-19 Vaccination Employer FAQs
Review answers to common questions among practice owners about COVID-19 vaccines and the dental team.
NEW COVID-19 Vaccination Employee Dentist FAQs
Read answers to common questions among employee dentists about COVID-19 vaccines in the workplace.
ADA Resources and News Updates
ADA PPE request site - https://registration.experientevent.com/showDEN202
- National Child Abuse Hotline
- National Elder Abuse Hotline
- L.A. Rape and Battering Hotline
- Reporting Symptoms Flowchart
- Patient Screening Risk Management Flow Chart
- Reporting Symptoms or Positive Test for COVID-19: Patient Tracking Form
- SBA Loan Options Flowchart
- Wellness Resources
- Information and FAQs
- Local Ordinances and Regulations
- Infection Control, Patient Screening and PPE
- View All FAQs
- COVID-19 Media Center
- State & Federal Response Guidance
COVID-19 Updates from Local Sites:
- Sign up for Alert Long Beach
- Long Beach Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Follow #COVID19LongBeach @LongBeachCity Twitter Feed
COVID-19 County, State, Federal Sites:
- Follow @CountyofLA and visit covid19.lacounty.gov for the most up-to-date information about the COVID-19 response in Los Angeles County
- Department of Mental Health: dmh.lacounty.gov/covid-19-information
- Department of Public Health: ph.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus
- State Information: California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Federal Information: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
LOCAL Testing Sites: L.A. County is continuing to add more COVID-19 testing sites to serve all residents of our communities. Testing is available by appointment only! As of today, the following testing sites are accepting appointments and are fully operational. Please see the list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding COVID-19 Testing for more information.
HOW TO PROPERLY PUT ON AND TAKE OFF A DISPOSABLE RESPIRATOR
For those treating emergency patients of record and for our specialists taking the most serious of dental emergencies, here is a refresher on How to Properly Put on and Take off a Disposable Respirator